Thermodirect and Thermotransfer labels
For Zebra, desktop and industrial label printers
The labels come on a roll and fit most standard labelling machines and printers, such as Zebra, TSC, Datamax / Oneil, Bixolon, Cab, Sato, Intermec, Citizen. When printed Thermotransfer, the labels come with a wax ribbon and are particularly durable, while Thermodirect labels are printed without further substances, such as ink or toner.
The labels come in 2 formats:
- 25 mm (1 inch) roll cores for desktop label printers
- 76 mm (3 inches) roll cores for industrial label printers
Professional labels by roll
For Thermodirect label printers and Thermotransfer label printers
What is the difference between Thermodirect and Thermotransfer labels? The difference between Thermodirect and Thermotransfer labels is the print method.
Both a Thermodirect printer and a Thermotransfer printer use a thermic printer head, which uses heat to transfer print (text/images/bar codes etc.) onto the labels. Thermotransfer printers use coloured ink ribbon, which when heated during the print process transfers print to the labels, whereas the Thermodirect printers don't use coloured ink ribbon. Instead the print is transferred directly from the print head to the label. This means the labels are made to receive print, depending on which printer you have: Printer Compatibility:
• Thermodirect-Printer: Print without Thermodirect labels
• Thermotransfer-Printer: Print with coloured ribbon, use Thermotransfer labels
Which core diameter for which printer?
• Diameter 25: less desktop-printers often use a core diameter of 25mm
• Diameter 76: often for larger industrial printers
Which franking service?
• Label size for DHL, Hermes: 103x199mm
• Label size for UPS, DPD, GLS, TNT: 102x152mm